Monday, August 9, 2010

many new families

I have officially moved to the west side of Chicago to stay with a family from church for at least the month of August.  They've been unbelievably hospitable, making lunches for me to take to work and finding this great bed and IKEA that folds up into a chair during the day.  There have been days already in which I have folded up my bed, decided later to take a small nap, and have been found curled up on the remaining chair.  It's been fun integrating myself into the chaos and adding a bit of my own.

Soon enough, the Orthodox Church will become my newest family, and while I don't know the exact date yet, I've heard that there will be several baptisms in mid-September, and as Fr. Pat generally likes to clump chrismations and baptisms together, there's a good chance I'll be chrismated on that day as well.  However, we have yet to officially discuss specific dates and whatnot...

No comments: