Tuesday, August 24, 2010

it's official

Finally...and so soon?  I'm going to be chrismated on September 19th!  I'm very excited and very nervous, and it all happened so fast that my head is spinning.  I've known for about a week now and I feel no more prepared now than I did a week ago.  It's pretty wild.

I think that my saint is going to be Martha, sister of Lazarus.  She's one of those characters in the Bible who's looked down on because the only story people remember about her is that she was the one harpin' on her sister Mary for listening to Jesus, and then Jesus says "yo, Martha, chill out.  You should be listening to me, too, not freaking out about the cooking and whatnot."  So everyone thinks less of Martha.  She's a lot like Thomas in that way.  However, Martha was the first to receive the news of the Resurrection when she was on the road to Bethany with Jesus and he was planning to raise Lazarus from the dead and prophesied about his own imminent death and resurrection.  Anyway, Martha's awesome.

Whew!  It's going to be great!

No comments: